On our third iteration of our racing simulator, we eliminated all of the issues we had found with the first two iterations. We also researched other rigs available on the market, and watched countless reviews on them on YouTube to see what other people wanted out of their setups. We didn't drastically change the design from V2, because most of it worked very well. However, we did have some kinks to work out. We noticed everyone analyze flex, and whimpy construction, so we just eliminated those variables. Being that just about everything on the frame is welded and made from...
We purchased a complete set of Fanatec components for our racing simulator. The quality is all top notch, and the design is very thought out.... except for the handbrake. We used the handbrake for about 2 days and a bolt sheared within it. Rather than mess with the faulty unit, we went ahead and made our own, using real automotive components! It uses real hydraulics, and when the handbrake is pulled, the slave cylinder squeezes on a series of bushings to simulate actually compressing a brake caliper.
V1 was pretty good, but we decided to roll out V2 after learning what we didn't like about V1. We decided to go with a tubular frame work for modular mounting of bracketry, and for a more car-like appearance. The chassis is much stiffer, and performs a lot better than the first one! Yet again, there are some kinks to work out of this one too!
A friend came to me and asked if we could build a racing sim chassis. I thought, man that actually sounds pretty fun. I have always wanted one anyway! We threw this together as the first revision to get down key dimensions. It worked out pretty well, but there are some kinks to work out! More designs to come!