No Products in the Cart
If you own an E36, chances are you have dealt with dreaded door panel issues of deterioration and falling apart. The factory mounting bracket, on the very top of the door panel, oftentimes breaks around the clips due to old age or improper removal. To remedy this this issue, we have made this replacement part from aluminum, that will not deteriorate, rot, or crack. We have a series of holes to allow adhesive to really bite the new bracket so it won't want to come back off. We have had good success (if proper prep work has been performed) with E6000 adhesive for attaching these to the panel. The panel must be cleaned from any previous adhesive and scuffed to allow the adhesive to bite onto the inner surface of the door panel.
- Install door bracket onto the door weather stripping clips.
- Apply glue to the door repair bracket (E6000, or similar). It is recommended to install masking tape below the bracket, on the lip of the door panel, in order to protect it from any dripping adhesive.
- Mount the door panel on the bracket, and attach enough additional clips to hold the door panel secure as the glue dries.
- Apply tape over the top of the door panel, to the door, to hold the door in place until the glue dries.
- Allow the glue to dry, according to manufacturer suggested timeframe.