THIS IS FOR A PAIR OF DOOR PANELS for a 318ti E36. Shown is a custom swirl pattern. Standard is a raw aluminum finish. Swirling is an optional upgrade. Shown is a door panel with speaker holes, a mirror switch hole, and a door pull, all of which are options.
If you own an E36, chances are you have dealt with dreaded door panel issues of deterioration and falling apart. If you have a track car, even better. These door panels are made from 0.060″ aluminum and feature a door handle cut out, as well as a series of 3/16″ holes to mount them.
The 318ti door does not have many places to mount a door panel to, but these holes locate great mounting locations for your choice of fastener, though fasteners are not included. Many choose to install these panels with nutserts for easy removal in the future. The mounting holes do not disturb the factory mounting holes, so you can revert to factory panels at any time.
Door Panel Options:
- Speaker Holes - Factory or a 4.5" aftermarket speaker hole (depending on your speaker, you may need to clearance the door for them to fit.)
- Mirror Switch Hole (mirror switch pops into the hole)
- Raw - The door panels come standard in a raw aluminum finish, which removes the burs from manufacturing. It is a great option if the Customer chooses to wrap or paint the panels.
- Brushed - This option give the panels a brushed, more finished look, but still not coated, so it may be susceptible to finger prints.
- Swirled - Swirling the doors adds a somewhat psychedelic aesthetic to the door panels that looks almost three dimensional. It is still not coated, so it may show finger prints, but looks great with a candy or a clear coat added by the Customer
- Black Powder Coat - This ensures a very refined, durable finish. The panels will be coated on the front side, and some on the backside, but not the entire backside. Powder coat will take additional manufacturing time, and will not fall within our 5 business day ship time. If you would like a custom color, please contact us.